About Me

My photo
I'm Amanda! I'm a Beachbody coach and this blog is to hopefully motivate and encourage anyone who is trying to live a healthier life style. Why do it alone? It's a proven fact that with encouragement and positive motivation from other people, you are more likely to keep going!! I'll try to have motivating tips, recipes, healthy transformations and how to get involved and join the monthly challenge groups that I run!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Can't Get Over......

I just can't get over how fast time has gone by!  I know I've said this in my last few blog posts but WOW!!  Almost the end of August, and it seems like just a few days ago I did my last blog post!  Looking back, its been a little longer than a few days.

Not a whole lot going on here in Northern California, just enjoying the weather, my job, and getting my runs in for the upcoming Ragnar relay (in less than a month) and the Nike Women's Half in 2 months.  I've been running 3-4 times a week, and doing 2-3 days of strength training with my ChaLean Extreme DVD's.  I'm actually doing the Burn Circuit for 2 weeks, and I'll be starting the Push Circuit Monday, and doing that for 2 weeks, and then finishing off with the Lean Circuit for about 3 weeks.  I find when I add strength training to my runs, the cardio doesn't "eat away" at my muscles as much, but maintains what I have.  I'm able to keep tone, keep my core strong, and my legs feel stronger as well.  If I don't do strength training I find that my lower back hurts a little, by stomach starts to get bulgy (thanks PCOS) and my muscle tone in my abs, legs and arms start to go away, and also my legs don't feel as strong.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE running, and I love what it does for my heart, lungs, mind and spirit, but I also want to have a stronger body, and actual muscle that helps keep me aligned and strong looking.

Here's a little reminder on what JUST cardio (running 3-6 miles 4-5x a week) looks like vs Cardio with weight training ;-)  These were my day 1-90 pictures, and I've pretty much maintained this 1.5 years later.  That's why I haven't put up new transformation pictures.  The picture of me in the blue bikini is the most recent picture, and really, I've just been maintaining.  I have lost a little muscle definition due to running higher miles for my 1/2 marathon training, but that's to be expected, and why I continue to strength train.  I don't want to lose all of my muscle!!  Yes, I'm more tan in the above picture.....I had just gotten back from a sunny vacation!!  In the blue bikini, I had just moved from Oregon.....so no tan.





So there you have it.  Where I am right now (about 1.5 months ago in the blue bikini) and my 1-90 day before and afters 1.5 years ago.  My last race for the season will be on October 21st, and after that I plan to do Body Beast and then hopefully Focus T25.  my hubby is getting amazing results from T25, but since he won't take before and afters so I can share them, you'll have to wait for mine!!  

Just a heads up.....I'll be starting a Fall Challenge group on September 16th, so if you're interested, "Challenge Group Sign Up" <--or just click on the link.  All you'll need is a Beachbody program and Shakeology, so hit me up and I'll get you all set up with the right program and flavor for you!!

ALSO keep an eye on my Facebook Page "From Skinnyfat to Fit"  and my blog for upcoming contests  mid September!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment