About Me

My photo
I'm Amanda! I'm a Beachbody coach and this blog is to hopefully motivate and encourage anyone who is trying to live a healthier life style. Why do it alone? It's a proven fact that with encouragement and positive motivation from other people, you are more likely to keep going!! I'll try to have motivating tips, recipes, healthy transformations and how to get involved and join the monthly challenge groups that I run!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

3-Day Refresh


Once again, I have a lot of catching up to do on my blog!!  But first things first, I promised a 3-Day Refresh blog!  This is going to be a long one, so bare with me!

If you don't know what a 3-Day Refresh is, it's a cleanse that Beachbody just released, and I wanted to give it a go when I got back from Summit.  I grabbed TWO of them, and made my husband do it with me.......to both experience this cleanse together, plus I wanted him to be miserable with me (kidding....sort of)  He's such a trooper!!




So WHY should YOU do the 3-Day Refresh?  Well, the website says it's designed to help you lose weight, break the cycle of bad eating and improve the way you feel and of course helps with getting past the dreaded plateaus that many of us get!  I noticed that it's different than other cleanses, and I've done a few of them in my time.  Most cleanses are high in sugar and low in protein, but the 3-Day Refresh is the opposite and that means it helps support your metabolism and nourish you while you are going through it.

Will the 3-Day Refresh be right for you??

Answer these questions and find out!  As you can see, I added my own answer ;-)

Do you need to retrain your body to eat healthy again after a period of unhealthy eating (my answer yes....hello, I just got back from Vegas!!)

Do you eat pretty well but have recently fallen off of the wagon and need some help getting back on? (ummm, yes, see above answer)

Do you want to jump-start healthy eating habits for a new workout program? (for me, yes!!  PiYo just came out)

Do you want to quickly and safely lose a few pounds for an upcoming event? (I wish they had this BEFORE I went to Vegas)

Do you want to become a healthier eater, but don't know how to kick start it? (I already am, but this would be perfect for those that would like to kick start into a healthier lifestyle)

Do you want your clothes to feel better? (I love not having to suck it in while I button my jeans!!)

Do you want more energy (not going to lie....the energy comes AFTER the cleanse)

What should you expect when cleansing?

You'll consume about 900 calories a day, but they are high in protein and fiber rich, so you'll be satisfied and nutritionally taken care of through-out your cleanse.  I posted pictures of lunch and dinner BUT forgot to take a picture of ALL 3 of my snacks :-(  But for a snack you are allowed veggies and a healthy fat.  And I also forgot to take a picture of my breakfast, which was Shakeology and a fruit.  You can add the fruit to your Shakeology or you can eat it.  I chose to eat it :-)  And you also get a fiber drink.....I recommend 10oz of water instead of 8 ;-)

If you get a little gassy or bloated, that's okay, it's a very normal part of the 3-Day Refresh process. It also could be a sign that you need to up your fiber levels in general, so once you stop your 3-Day Refresh, try keeping a high fiber diet.

Everyone is different, I will outline the things that Devin and I went through during our cleanse below :-) But first, let me give you a before and after ;-) And my results!




I lost 4 pounds of junk and a few inches all over, but the main parts that I'm sure you all want to know are .25 in my belly, and .25 in my waist...and since the end of my cleanse Friday night, I've only gained 1 pound of it back, and I had a pretty bad "cheat meal" the day after, although really, I didn't eat it all, because 1) My body knew when to stop, and 2) I didn't have any craving for the carbs!!! WHAT??  I still don't!  I haven't had any carb cravings or sugar craving since finishing the cleanse on Friday night.  NOW will this be the same for everyone?  I don't know......but wouldn't that be worth doing it, just to find out?






What I love about this cleanse, it's not a band-aid fix, but something you can do to maintain your health, without stripping away healthy things that your body needs.


Cheat meal......ate all the lamb, had 1/4 of the mushroom risotto, and half my roll....the wine on the other hand ;-P

Now on to the differences between Devin and I....to be honest, my husband had a real hard time with the way he felt on the cleanses.   He had headaches (very minor) and he NEVER gets headaches, he had muscle and body aches and the chills like he was coming down with the flu, and his joints ached.  Upon research (because he researches everything) he came to the conclusion that it was his body detoxing, of course, most of us know this.....BUT what he was surprised to find out, is that he probably had the flu virus in his body, and those were the biggest toxins that his body was getting rid of!!!   WOW!!  If you don't feel a little bit crappy while doing the cleanse, then it's not the right cleanse for you!  You will lack a bit of energy, your body is busy!!  You will probably get a headache, but nothing too bad.  You will feel tired, you may want more food, because we are use to consuming a lot of food, although I was fine hunger wise throughout the cleanse.

For me, I experience a very slight headache at night on the second day, and it was right before bed.  I also had achy joints, but nothing a little hot bath didn't take care of.  


I'm sure you're all wondering about the bathroom.....it wasn't a RUN to the bathroom feeling at all for either of us.  Just the normal I had to go, but when you go....there's a lot of junk, but no loose stool (I know TMI ahahahahahaa)  I had to urinate more than normal, but of course, that's to be expected.  

And we both felt a little foggy through the day.....BUT after we were done and had our first breakfast 21 Day Fix style, we felt amazing!!  The fog lifted, I had no cravings, and didn't even want the bread, and I had more energy than when I started the cleanse.  I will definitely be doing this every 4-6 months to maintain my body, cleanse it from impurities, and keep the cravings at bay, although Shakeology covers it for the most part, and my Vegas bloat is GONE! 




If you'd like more information, please either Email me or PM me on my Facebook like page :-)

I will be opening up a 3-Day Refresh Challenge group, and that group will officially start on July 21st!!  You'll need all the support you can get, so I'll be there to walk, or drag you through!








No comments:

Post a Comment