About Me

My photo
I'm Amanda! I'm a Beachbody coach and this blog is to hopefully motivate and encourage anyone who is trying to live a healthier life style. Why do it alone? It's a proven fact that with encouragement and positive motivation from other people, you are more likely to keep going!! I'll try to have motivating tips, recipes, healthy transformations and how to get involved and join the monthly challenge groups that I run!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Forgot how much.....

I totally forgot how much I LOVE TO RUN, or jog, as in my case today.  I was getting ready for my ChaLEAN Extreme workout and saw the cutest sweaty picture of a good friend of mine (who I really need to get together with again....name a time and place in Portland and let's do a sleep over GNO Katie!!)  Anyways.....she looked sooo super cute, and I was thinking, I need to get my ass back on my treadmill!  It had been since May 12th!!  I can't believe it!!  So I did my 30 minutes of heavy Chalene lifting (heavy to me) and then went for my 20 minute jog.  I took it pretty easy on the speed, due to the many, many squats I had done during my workout, but I pushed the incline to 3 the whole time.  KILLER!!  Then I thought, why not, why not take a picture???  So I did......and I was sweaty!


So this picture is dedicated to Katie, who got my ass back on my treadmill and hopefully I'll be on it a lot more!!  Thank you Katie....and see, that's what this is all about, motivating people!!  I've got a few races that I'm hoping to run this year into next year.  I've signed up for the Kiss Me Deadly 5K Mud Run in September with my awesome, amazing friend Jill and her daughter might join in as well.....AND I'm crossing my fingers that my other amazing, and awesome friend Becca joins in, and if anyone else wants to join us, let me know!!  The race is more of a fun run, it's not timed, but I figured it would be a blast.  Then the Great Columbia Crossing is coming up at the end of September.  It's a 10K from Washington across this huge bridge back into Astoria Oregon.  I've been wanting to do this race since I moved here, but the last two years things came up, so it was impossible.  This year IS A GO!!!  Also, moving into next year, I'm doing the Shamrock 15K again and hopefully will beat my time from this year.  Okay, not hopefully....I WILL beat my time from this year, how 'bout that??  And finally and most likely my last run in Oregon, the Rock n Roll Half Marathon.  I wanted to do it this year, I wanted to so bad, I was actually going to ask for donations.  The later you wait to sign up, the more expensive it was.  I didn't look into it until it was almost $190!!  So this year, I'm signing up on the 6th of this month, and it'll only be $60!  So there you have it, the run down of my future races.  I've put it on my blog, and now I have to follow through, hold myself accountable.  Maybe I'll add more races through the summer.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment