About Me

My photo
I'm Amanda! I'm a Beachbody coach and this blog is to hopefully motivate and encourage anyone who is trying to live a healthier life style. Why do it alone? It's a proven fact that with encouragement and positive motivation from other people, you are more likely to keep going!! I'll try to have motivating tips, recipes, healthy transformations and how to get involved and join the monthly challenge groups that I run!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 1 of the Ultimate Reset DONE!!

Day 1 of the Ultimate Reset is complete!!  I woke up at 6:50am, took measurements and pictures and took my first round of Oxygenize and Optimize.  I waited 30 minutes and then made my breakfast.  Breakfast consisted of two organic scrambled eggs seasoned with Himalayan salt, two pieces of Ezekiel toast, and a serving of spinach.  This was a pretty normal breakfast for me, but instead of two pieces of toast, I usually eat turkey bacon, or one piece of toast.  I also prepped for my lunch that I had to bring to work, and my dinner that I needed to marinate.  Prep time wasn't too bad, took me about 35 minutes.  The rest of my day was pretty uneventful, I had to take the Oxygenize(about 10 liquid drips) twice more, and the Optimize (2 little pills) twice more and the dreaded packet of Alkalinize.  I was pretty worried to drink this green, wheat-seaweed smelling powder.  I've been on a private Beachbody Ultimate Reset Facebook page for week one resetters, and I've been keeping tabs for two weeks before I started on what people are doing, feeling, prepping food ect.  The majority of the people that are doing the Reset hate the Alkalinize......hate it enough were some people talk about physically getting sick after drinking it, or gagging, spitting it out, ect.  When it became my turn to down the green concoction, I was scared!!  I took the advice of a few party type resetters and actually did it like a shot......2 ounces of green stuff and suck on a lemon after, and honestly?  It wasn't bad at all!  It tasted like I explained in the beginning, grassy, slight seaweed, salty, but not in a bad way.  I also read a lot of people getting headaches on the first day, so far, I've been good!  I'll probably have a slight one tomorrow, but the moderators on the FB site just keep saying to DRINK YOUR WATER!!  I almost drank a gallon of distilled water (with special minerals in it...Himalayan salt)  Taste a little flat, but it's doable.  SOOO for the rest of my meals!  For lunch I had a huge salad with jicama, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red bell peppers, carrots, basil, and a homemade vinaigrette.  For dinner I had steamed asparagus sprinkled with lemon juice, baby red potatoes. and salmon marinated in olive oil, garlic, lemon and basil.  The only time I was REALLY hungry was before dinner.  I worked a weird shift today, ate my lunch at 12:30 and then dinner wasn't until 8:00pm so it's pretty obvious to see why I was so hungry!!  Tomorrow will be day 2!  Praying I'm lucky and don't get any headaches, I'm off to dry brush and take a warm bath.  One of the side effects is feeling slightly chilled, and I actually do a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment