About Me

My photo
I'm Amanda! I'm a Beachbody coach and this blog is to hopefully motivate and encourage anyone who is trying to live a healthier life style. Why do it alone? It's a proven fact that with encouragement and positive motivation from other people, you are more likely to keep going!! I'll try to have motivating tips, recipes, healthy transformations and how to get involved and join the monthly challenge groups that I run!

Friday, July 26, 2013

Last Days of July....

July is slowly rushing to an end and August is almost here!  Really, these days need to slow down.  I was looking at my goal board yesterday, and can you all believe that 2014 will be here in about 5 months?  I wanted to see what goals I still need to tackle, and let's just say, I let a lot slip away.  The good news is, I still have 5 months to go, the bad news is, that 5 months sneaks up on you.



Hubby and I decided that our vow renewal will hold off until 2014 because I really want to concentrate solely on our debt, we are so close to paying it off, plus it's only our 12 year.  I think it would be more fun to do it on our "lucky" 13!  There will also be a lot to celebrate in 2014, so it seems more fitting.



My husbands new job (he's like the Food inspector/IRS all rolled into one) is going well for him, he seems to enjoy it, and the best part, he get's to help make changes in his rate.  He's really into making things better and easier, plus the traveling he's doing isn't bad either, because he gets to take ME whenever I feel like going!! HUGE PLUS!  Sooooo much different than being on the boat, obviously he couldn't take me on that.  This last week was his first trip and it happened to be in San Diego!  What a beautiful city, and I was totally all over that!  I have quite a few friends down there,  one so happens to be my coach (the beautiful Abby, I signed up under her) so perfect timing to play catch up and go over business (just a little)


The trip was so much fun, we spent our first day at the Seaport Shops by the water, at a little cigar shop called Captain Hunts.  If you like to smoke cigars, people watch and have a killer view of the water....this is the place for you!! You should check them out!


I did fit a run in on my second day, right along the water.  Honestly, I'm always nervous to run by myself, especially in a place I'm not familiar with.  BUT the path I took was open, and full of bikers, runners, walkers, rollerbladers....the list goes on, so I felt 100000% safe and off I went.  I snapped the below picture while I was running....it's Devin's future boat......maybe.....



So I have a bit of a touching story.  We went to dinner on our last night in San Diego, an Italian place called Il Fornaio.  We sat outside and had a view of the water, and behind us they had the fire roaring. For some odd reason, everyone thought it was cold out.....anyways, it was beautiful!!  I was snapping the picture on the right, when a gentleman walked up and asked Devin if he served for our country?  Of course Devin said YES, yes I do, in the Coast Guard.  The man replied, I could tell by your hair.....thank you so much for what you do, your bottle of wine is on me, pick ANY bottle.  I was flabbergasted!  I had tears in my eyes, and we kept thanking him and we ordered a bottle of Prosecco (sparkly wine) and did a toast to them.  They were so nice, and we had some small talk back and forth (they where right next to our table)  I've never had anything like that happen to us, I've heard stories from other people, but this is definitely a first!  I know the man will never read this, but JUST in case....thank you again, so much, from the bottom of our hearts.  It was such a beautiful night, the moon was just gorgeous and huge over the water and we also walked home to fireworks going off in the distance.

I really do need a real camera.....my phone just isn't cutting it anymore!! LOL  But the above picture was our walk home, and I'll spare you the picture of the fireworks!  So all in all my mini vacation was more pleasure than business, but it was amazing even with the business (because I totally "worked" pool side)  I can't wait to take my next trip....wherever that may be!!!

Just wanted to end my blog with a quick plug for the upcoming challenge group that I'm doing with a few other coaches!  The Focus T25 Challenge group will start on August 12th, but to lock in the amazing price before it goes up, orders need to go through by July 31st.  If you're interested in joining our group,  post below or message me on my "Like" page "From Skinnyfat to Fit"!  OR BETTER YET, fill out the form in my tabs, called "Challenge Group Sign Ups"  Below is a picture of Abby, who's already lost 6.5 pounds in 3 weeks by doing the program, eating well, and drinking her Shakeology!



*ALSO another reminder* If you just want the Focus T25 program by itself, the FREE SHIPPING ends on July 28th!  I don't want anyone to miss out on the $12-15 savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment