About Me

My photo
I'm Amanda! I'm a Beachbody coach and this blog is to hopefully motivate and encourage anyone who is trying to live a healthier life style. Why do it alone? It's a proven fact that with encouragement and positive motivation from other people, you are more likely to keep going!! I'll try to have motivating tips, recipes, healthy transformations and how to get involved and join the monthly challenge groups that I run!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Just a Bit of 2013

2013 was a great year!!  Found out in February that we would be moving to Petaluma, CA and that my hubby got his dream job.  We got a new car.  I did a personal best in my second Shamrock 15K in Portland, Oregon. I did two 1/2 marathons, the first being the Portland Rock-n-Roll with my girl Jill, and the second was for the Nike Women's half with my other girl Rachelle!!  I also ran the Napa Valley Ragnar, and watch my hubby make the cut for a 2014 advancement.  My mom and dad came to visit us, and then we went to celebrate my uncle's birthday and hang out with my dad's side of the family.  Went on a business/pleasure trip to San Diego during the summer, and recently purchased our tickets to visit family back in NY!  My sister will be having a baby, Ella Emilia so it'll be a perfect time to visit! A beautiful trip during Christmas to Lake Tahoe with some good friends.  I ran 500 miles for the year, and also ran 12 months in a row, plus I worked out at least 4x a week for a whole year!!  And many, many little adventures since we arrived in California!
Backyard in Petaluma :-)
New Car
Shamrock 15K
Rock-n-Roll 1/2 Marathon Portland Oregon

Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon San Francisco California
Napa Valley Ragnar San Francisco-Napa Valley 200 miles
Mom and Dad visiting
Celebrating the news of Devin's advancement in 2014
Fun in California, wine style


Abby and I mixing business with pleasure!!
Thought I'd throw in Hunnie and Shadow

                                                                          Christmas trip to Lake Tahoe

But also had a few sad moments, although not too many!  I had to say goodbye to my Walgreens family and my many friends in Oregon.  The above picture and phrase was done by my good friend Jill :-)



All together this year was filled with so many positives and hardly any negatives and I owe it all to the big ol' positive energy I promised to put forth last year, and will continue to put forth into and beyond 2014!  I have BIG plans for this next year!

Tomorrow I will post my new goal board, give some insight as to why I chose the goals I did, some challenge group news, a contest and MORE!!

Goodbye 2013, you've been good to myself and my family :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment